Other of my cinderlake pages for reference:
We found a pair of suspected craters northeast of the main Cinder Lake which may only be an
artifact of offroad vehicle activity:
The southeast crater field is well documented and has been used relatively recently for NASA
tests of spacesuits and exploration vehicle prototypes. This field is better preserved due to
its location away from the main Cinder Lake field as well as being bound by a fence with signage
discouraging offroad vehicle traffic:
- NE #1: East of NorthEast crater field, locater, full pan
- NE #2: West of #1, but still East of NE crater field, locater, full pan
- NE #3: East of best prospective craters, partial pan
- SE #1: On NE rim of largest crater, partial pan.
- SE #2: South of #1, full pan.
- SE #3: Sergio on rim of medium crater, partial pan.
- SE #4: View
from SE part of crater field, full pan.
- SE #5: Partial pan of well defined medium and small crater.
- SE #6: Small crater w/ tree from east side of crater field, partial pan.
- SE #7: Large crater, partial pan.
- SE, Mound #1: Full pan from south end of mound.
- SE, Mound #2: Full pan from NE end of mound.
- SE, Mound #3: Full pan from NW end of mound.
Selected individual frames:
- 2004_0727_093022AA.JPG Left end of mini-pan of largest crater.
- 2004_0727_093012AA.JPG Right side of pan of largest crater
- 2004_0727_093126AA.JPG rock field
- 2004_0727_093128AA.JPG rock field
- 2004_0727_093208AA.JPG craters with trees & bushes
- 2004_0727_093224AA.JPG more rock field
- 2004_0727_093226AA.JPG prominant white boulder in distance
- 2004_0727_093320AA.JPG Left end of mini-pan of medium sized crater
- 2004_0727_093334AA.JPG Right end of mini-pan of medium sized crater
- 2004_0727_093342AA.JPG view towards western fenceline
- 2004_0727_093346AA.JPG mini-pan of rock field & western fenceline
- 2004_0727_093348AA.JPG rock field & fenceline
- 2004_0727_093352AA.JPG rock field & fenceline
- 2004_0727_093354AA.JPG rock field & fenceline with Trooper in distance at NW corner of fence.
- 2004_0727_093428AA.JPG Left end of mini-pan of medium sized crater
- 2004_0727_093430AA.JPG prominant white boulder in distance
- 2004_0727_093434AA.JPG Right end of mini-pan
- 2004_0727_093818AA.JPG Start of mound pan #1
- 2004_0727_093914AA.JPG End of mound pan #1
- 2004_0727_094554AA.JPG First two frames of SE #4 showing mound and Mt. Humphries
- 2004_0727_100305AA.JPG Sign on NW corner post
Last update: September 22, 2014